Private First Class Joe Laverne York was a member of Company G, 2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 10 February 1929
- Date of death: 3 October 1951
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal with 2 Battle Stars, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shady Grove Cemetery, Morrison, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor J. Leldon York
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.