Corporal Mathis was a member of the 31st Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 24 November 1928
- Date of death: 4 December 1950
- County: Hancock
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 31st Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Johnson Cemetery, Hancock County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor J. L. Mathis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.