James Harve Mitchell was born 24 August 1893, Bradley County, Tennessee to James Arthur and Mary Louesian Mitchell. He entered the service October 3, 1917 at Camp Gordon in Georgia. He received further training at Camp Jackson and Camp Sevier. He sailed to Europe on 19 July 1918, arriving August 14. He died of appendicitis on 13 February 1919 at Chattillon-sur-Seine in France
James Mitchell is buried at Fling Springs Cemetery, Cleveland, Bradley County in Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 24 August 1893
- Date of death: 13 February 1919
- County: Bradley
- Hometown: Cleveland
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 306th Military Police, 81st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Verdun
- Burial/Memorial Location: Fling Springs Cemetery, Cleveland, Bradley County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor J. Harve Mitchell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.