James Carter Harmon
Born 28 September 1919
Died 30 March 1943
Buried at Cross Anchor Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
26th Infantry, 1st Infantry Division, Company I
The Kingsport Times, 15 June 1948
The body of Private James Carter Harmon, who died in battle wounds received in Africa in March 1943, will arrive in Greeneville.
Surviving are parents, Mr. and Mrs. J.S. Harmon, Greeneville, and an aunt, Mrs. W.L. Lauderback, Kingsport.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 28 September 1919
- Date of death: 30 March 1943
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Greeneville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 26th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division
- Theater: North Africa
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cross Anchor Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor J. Carter Harmon
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.