Isham David Robbins was born 21 August 1895, Middlesboro, Kentucky, son of James M. Robbins. He was killed in action in France and was initially buried at the American Cemetery, Bony, Aisne, France. He is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, S, 14123.
Died 7 October 1918
Uncle Isham was my grandmother’s closest brother. She spoke of him often. Our family is honored by his service. I am proud to have a military heritage that inspired me to serve as well.
–Veteran William Givens
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 21 August 1895
- Date of death: 7 October 1918
- County: Morgan
- Hometown: Oakdale
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company E, 117th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Isham D. Robbins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.