Idol Estes was born 4 July 1894, Grainger County, Tennessee to Brazewell and Sallie Ann Estes. He was the husband of Lizzie Young. He entered the service July 1, 1918 at Morristown, Tennessee and received his training at Camp Gordon in Atlanta, Georgia and Camp Hancock. He sailed to Europe on 5 October 1918, arriving later that month. He died 21 December 1918 at the Base Hospital #8 in France of cerebro spinal meningitis. He is buried at City Cemetery, Morristown, TN.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 4 July 1894
- Date of death: 21 December 1918
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Ordnance Replacement Detachement
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Historic Morristown Cemetery, Morristown, Hamblen County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Idol Estes
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.