Hugh Taylor Lewallen was born 3 September 1895, Glenmary, Tennessee to John Harrison and Lydia Landrum Lewallen.
Private Lewallen was killed in action during the Battle of the Argonne Forest in 1918. He was originally buried in France. The cross marks the spot of his first resting place.
His body was returned to his family in Glenmary. It is thought that he was gassed by the Germans.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 3 September 1895
- Date of death: 6 October 1918
- County: Scott
- Hometown: Glenmary
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company L, 117th Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Offensive South of Soissons, Argonne Forrest-Hill 240
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lewallen Cemetery, Scott County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hugh T. Lewallen
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.