Hugh Waldrop was born on 22 November 1915 to Zeb and Lidia Waldrop. He had 3 brothers in the Army, Pvt. Frank, Sgt. Robert L. and Pfc. Donald Waldrop.
He died non Battle 18 October 1944
Pvt Waldrop was admitted at the Regional Hospital at Camp Swift, Texas on 17 October 1944 and died one day later of shrapnel wounds. He was wounded after an explosion of a mortar shell accidentally incurred while on field problem at Camp Swift in Texas.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 22 November 1915
- Date of death: 18 October 1944
- County: Unicoi
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hugh L. Waldrop
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.