Private Hubert A. Murray was assigned to the 202nd Anti-Aircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion. The unit was in the Philippines at the time of his death 29 December 1944. He is listed as having died of his wounds. He is also listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Manila American Cemetery, Manila Philippines. He was the son of Walter Daniel Murray and Willie Madge Coffelt.
South Pittsburg Hustler, March 22, 1945
Pvt. Hubert Murray who was reported wounded on December 21, 1944 in Southwest Pacific Area, died from his wounds on December 29, his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Walter Murray, of Martin Springs, were notified by the adjutant general. Pvt. Murray, 24, had been in service since September, 1942, and overseas fifteen months.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 3 May 1920
- Date of death: 29 December 1944
- County: Marion
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 202nd Anti-Aircraft Artillery Automatic Weapons Battalion
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hubert Murray
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.