Technical Sergeant Hubert Andrew Camper was born in Virginia. He was assigned to the 499th Bomber Squadron, 345th Bomber Group Medium A B-25 squadron flying out of Port Moresby, New Guinea.
He was killed in action 5 October 1943 and is listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Manila American Cemetery, Manila, Philippines.
Aircraft B-24-D-1 with serial number 41-30017 departed from Schimmer on a Cargo Sweep mission to Krima Plantation, New Guinea
Pilot, 2nd Lt Chandler Sargent Whipple
Co-Pilot, F/O Boyce Edward Tuttle
Engineer, S/SgtWater Corbett Shultz
Radio Operator T/Sgt Hubert Andrew Camper
Gunner, S/Sgt James Byrnes Mixon
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of death: 5 October 1943
- County: Sullivan
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 499th Bomber Squadron, 345th Bomber Group, Medium
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Air Medal, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hubert A. Camper
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.