Private First Class Hoyt Buckner was assigned to the 104th Infantry Regiment, 26th Infantry Division. At the time of his death the 26th Division had entered France straight from the US to Utah Beach and Cherbourg on 7 September 1944. The Division enterd combat a month later and was on its first major offensive action 20 November 1944 at the Saar River.
PFC Buckner was killed in action and is interred at J,15,23, Lorraine American Cemetery, St Avold, France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 21 November 1944
- County: Bradley
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 104th Infantry Regiment, 26th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold (Moselle), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hoyt Buckner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.