Houston Hamby is registered as Huston Hamby.
Born around 1920 in Tennessee. He was the son of Esau and Frances Hamby.
Died of wounds 29 July 1944
He enlisted on 13 February 1941 at Fort McPherson, Atlanta, Georgia with the Field Artillery.
He was a passenger on the U.S.S. Electra leaving from Norfolk, Virginia on 16 October 1942.
The 2nd Armored Division moved from Normandy to St-Lo towards Canisy and established road blocks from St. Denis-le-Gast to the Seine River on 29 July 1944 according to war diaries.
Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
Plot B, Row 8, Grave 42
- Rank: Technician 4th Class
- Date of death: 29 July 1944
- County: Scott
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 66th Regiment, 2nd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Houston Hamby
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.