Horace Richmond Raper, after enlisting in the Army at Knoxville, was assigned to Company G, 59th Infantry, 4th Division. He went overseas in Spring 1918 with his unit and after training in quiet sectors, he took part in the Marne offensive, the St-Mihiel drive, and the Meuse-Argonne Offensive up to October 9, 1918, when he was killed in action in the latter battle. Died 4 October 1918 in France
He is buried at the US National Cemetery, Knoxville.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 11 May 1892
- Date of death: 4 October 1918
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company G, 59th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Marne offensive, St-Mihiel, Meuse-Argonne Offensive
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Horace R. Raper
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.