Horace Lee Smith was born on April 27, 1926 in Lafayette, Georgia and died on August 8, 1946 at Chattanooga, TN. He was a WWII Veteran according to his death certificate.
According to a Kingsport News article, Smith was a Chattanooga sailor home on leave and was killed instantly shortly after midnight after a collision of his automobile with another car on a South Chattanooga street. His death record also says that his last residence was in Chattanooga.
Machinist’s Mate 3rd Class
He is buried at Center Point Cemetery at Lafayette, Walker County in Georgia.
- Rank: Machinist's Mate 3rd Class
- Date of birth: 27 April 1926
- Date of death: 8 August 1946
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Navy
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Center Point Cemetery, Lafayette, Walker County, Georgia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Horace L. Smith
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.