Second Lieutenant Hobert Harris was born on June 18, 1898 in Flag Pond, Tennessee. He was the son of W. Franklin Harris and Mahala Crain Harris Cody. He was the stepson of Noah Cody. He served in the 127th Infantry. He was killed in action on October 14, 1918. He was initially buried in Cemetery #876, but his remains were returned to the States, and he is now buried in Flag Pond School Cemetery.
He was returned home by Special Train under Special Order #64 with Military Escort along with other East Tennesseans from Hoboken, New Jersey to Washington, DC and then to Erwin, Tennessee.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 18 June 1898
- Date of death: 14 October 1918
- County: Unicoi
- Hometown: Edwin
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 127th Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Meuse-Argonne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Flag Pond School Cemetery, Unicoi County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hobert Harris
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.