Hobart McKinley Holt was born in Newport, Tennessee to Joseph M. and Minnie Holt. He entered the service in May, 1916 and trained at Columbus Barracks in Ohio. He sailed to Europe on 14 June, 1917, arriving on June 25. He died of the effects of poison gass at the 103rd Field Hospital in France. He served with the 28th Infantry Regiment, 18th Infantry Division, Company B.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 18 July 1896
- Date of death: 7 April 1918
- County: Cocke
- Hometown: Newport
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 28th Infantry Regiment, 18th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Union Cemetery, Newport, Cocke County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hobart M. Holt
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.