Hett Phillips was born in Oneida, Tennessee, son of General S. Phillips and Alice Cross.
He was killed in action on 21 July 1918 in France. Sgt Phillips was initially buried at the American Cemetery, Ploisy, Aisne, France. Buried at Knoxville National Cemetery, A-14, 3680
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 7 May 1894
- Date of death: 21 July 1918
- County: Scott
- Hometown: Oneida
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company G, 18th Infantry, 1st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Cantigny, South of Soissons
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hett Phillips
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.