Herbert Ward was the son of Sterling (Sterl) Ward and Dorothy Carson.
Private First Class Ward was member of Company G, 2nd Battalion, 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division. He was listed as Missing in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea. He was presumed dead on December 31, 1953. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 11 September 1932
- Date of death: 26 November 1950
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Campbell
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Herbert Ward
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.