Herbert Hoover Johnson
Born 19 January 1926, Greene County, Tennessee
Died 20 June 1945
Son of Monk J. Johnson and Laura B. Fillers
Pvt Johnson trained at camp Shelby, Mississippi, and Ford Ord California. He shipped out January 19, 1945 and served in the Pacific Theatre. He was killed in action in Santa Maria, Luzon. He is buried at Mount Olive Cemetery, Greystone, Greene County, Tennessee.
The Greeneville Sun, July 27, 1945
Pvt. Herbert H. Johnson, son of Mr. and Mrs. M.J. Johnson, Greeneville, Rt. 10, was killed June 24 in action on Luzon.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 19 February 1926
- Date of death: 20 June 1945
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Greeneville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 8th Calvary
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mount Olive Cemetery, Greystone, Greene County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Herbert H. Johnson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.