Herbert G. Williams was born around 1916 in Tennessee, the son of Decatur G. Williams and Viola Burchfiel. He married Lettie Henderson on 30 March 1935 in Jefferson, Tn.
Buried at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium, H, 6, 16
The Knoxville Journal, March 23, 1945
Pfc. Herbert G. Williams, 29, husband of Mrs. Lettie Williams and son of Mr. and Mrs. Decater Williams of Dandridge, was killed in action Feb. 27 in Germany, the War Department has notified his wife. Williams entered service a year ago and had been overseas six months. In addition to his wife and parents, he is survived by four children, a brother and a sister.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 27 February 1945
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Dandridge
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 121st Infantry Regiment, 8th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Herbert G. Williams
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.