Henry Venson Soard was born 6 June 1894 to John and Melvina Soard. He entered the service on 20 September 1917 and received his training at Camp Gordon in Atlanta, Georgia. He sailed to Europe May 26, 1918, arriving on June 6. He was killed in action 17 October 1918 at Molain in France.
He is buried at Phelps and Rosenbalm Cemetery, Springdale, Claiborne County, Tennessee.
First picture below is Henry Vinson Soard (wearing suspenders) working in the Straight Creek(Claiborne County TN) zinc mines circa 1913
Second picture is of the second burial of Pfc. Soard 1920. Photos provided by Jonathan Beeler-Buchanan.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 6 June 1894
- Date of death: 17 October 1918
- County: Claiborne
- Hometown: New Tazewell
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 105th Engineers Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Phelps and Rosenbalm Cemetery, Springdale, Claiborne County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Henry V. Soard
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.