Private Henry Robert Crowder was married to the former Ruth Clara Williams. They had two children, Robert Dwayne, and Lynda K.
Crowder was assigned to the 217th Military Police Company.
He was Killed in Action on 23 August 1944 and was interred at the Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France, located at A,2,23.
A plaque is dedicated to him in the small village of La Roche Guyon, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 23 August 1944
- County: Washington
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 217th Military Police Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Henry R. Crowder
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.