Henry Arthur Hopper was born in Speedwell, Tennessee. He was the son of Charlie Henderson Hopper and Roxie Ann Bostic.
He was killed in action on Luzon and was initially buried at the USAF Cemetery, Santa Barbara #1, Philippine Islands. He is buried at Manila American Cemetery, Philippines, D, 9, 139
The Knoxville Journal, February 26, 1944
Pfc. Henry A. Hopper and Pfc. Charles H. Hopper, son of Mr. and Mrs. C.H. Hopper of Speedwell, are in the armed forces.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 21 September 1917
- Date of death: 15 June 1945
- County: Claiborne
- Hometown: Speedwell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 63rd Infantry Regiment, 6th Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Silver Star, Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Henry A. Hopper
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.