Hearl Bullens was born May 1, 1931, in Harriman, Tennessee, in Roane County. He lived there until being drafted and sent to Korea. His rank was PFC in the Quarter Master Division in US Army. He was evacuated to the 48th Mobile Army Surgical Hospitial MASH where he died. He died December 16, 1953, of hemorrhagic fever while serving there. He had already received his shipping orders to be returned to the US when he became ill and died.
Buried Harriman Cemetery, Harriman, Roane, TN.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 1 May 1932
- Date of death: 16 December 1953
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Harriman, Tn
- Service Branch: Army
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Korean Service Medal,United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Harriman Cemetery, Harriman, Roane County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Lee Bullens