Hassell Homer Martin was born in Virginia. He was the husband of Thelma Minton and father of Edward Leon Martin.
PFC Martin was captured on 20 December 1944 in Germany and died as Prisoner of war at Stalag 9B Bad Orb Hessen-Nassau, Prussia 50-09 in Germany. He is buried at Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold, France, J, 49, 24.
Barbara Ann (Martin) Dalton – Daughter- Born 10/2/1943
Thelma Jane (Dalton) Wyatt
Beverly Ann Dalton
Marsha Renee (Dalton) Luttrell
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 25 July 1913
- Date of death: 16 April 1945
- County: Sullivan
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 110th Infantry Regiment, 28th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold (Moselle), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Thelma Wyatt
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.