Harvey William Boling was born in , son of James Oscar Boling and Edna Rogers. He worked on the farm of his father when he enlisted on 24 October 1942 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia.
The Knoxville Journal, Nov. 29, 1947
Sgt. Harvey W. Boling, age 22, son of Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Boling of Seymour was killed in action, Dec. 27, 1944 in Belgium. The body arrived in Knoxville and was taken to McCammon & Ammons Funeral Home in Maryville. Interment in Illijoy Cemetery. Military services will be held at the grave.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 6 June 1922
- Date of death: 27 December 1944
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Seymour
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 41st Armored Infantry Regiment, 2nd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Ellejoy Cemetery, Maryville, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harvey W. Boling
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.