Harvey O. Pennington enlisted on 22 November 1941 at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia. He married Frances Connell in Florida in 1942. They were the parents of Thomas Henry Pennington who was born in Crestview, Okaloosa, Florida in July, 1943. Pvt Pennington died non battle in Florida in 1944.
Middlesboro Daily News, 24 August 1944
Pvt Harvey O. Pennington
Funeral services for Pvt. Harvey O. Pennington, who was killed in a car wreck at Fort Walton, Fla., Sunday, August 20, will be held tomorrow at 10 o’clock at Hensley’s Chapel, with the Rev. Charley Evary in charge. He is the son of the late Henry Pennington of this city.
Pvt. Pennington had been in the service for ten years. He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Frances A. Pennington and a son, Thomas Henry Pennington of Fort Walton, one brother, Isaac N. Pennington of Kingsport, Tenn., and three sisters, Mrs. Berlie Newson of Savannah, Ga., Mrs. Maggie Weaver and Mrs. Emma Collins of Middlesboro.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 15 April 1915
- Date of death: 20 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Air Corps
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hensley Cemetery #1, Middlesboro, Bell County, Kentucky
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harvey O. Pennington
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.