Harvey Lee Proffitt, Jr
Unit C Company, 2nd Battalion, 28th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division, USARV
Start Tour 12 January 1966
Incident Date 11 June 1966
Casualty Date 11 June 1966
Age at Loss 22
Location Binh Long Province, South Vietnam
Remains Body recovered
Casualty Type Hostile, died outright
Casualty Reason Ground casualty
Casualty Detail Gun or small arms fire
Vietnam Wall Panel 08E Line 039
Son of Harvey & Gladys Richardson Proffitt.
Private First Class Co C 28th Infantry 2nd Battalion 1st Infantry Division Vietnam.
Purple Heart – Killed in action with small arms fire in South Vietnam.
Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, Greene County, Tennessee, USA
Plot Section J, Site 22
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 1 July 1943
- Date of death: 11 June 1966
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Chuckey
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 28th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, Greene County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harvey L. Proffitt Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.