Private Harvey Crawford was killed July 17, 1944, in Italy of gunshot wounds. He entered the service in September 1943, and took his basic training at Camp Blanding, FL. He went overseas March 28, 1944.
Buried at Walker Fork Cemetery, Kingsport, TN
142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division, Company E
Rogersville Review, August 24, 1944
Pvt Harvey Crawford, 22, son of Mr. and Mrs. Logan Crawford, Rt. 4, Rogersville, died July 17, of wounds received on a squad problem on a mortar range somewhere in Italy.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 5 October 1922
- Date of death: 17 July 1944
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Walker Fork Cemetery, Kingsport, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harvey Crawford
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.