Harry Richard Wayland was born 22 May 1919 to Charles Franklin Wayland and Ina Fields.
He died non Battle 14 June 1944
Buried at Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
Lt Wayland was the pilot of aircraft AT-6D with serial number 41-34655 during WWII and was killed in a crash at Church Lawford, Warwickshire in England. He was accustomed to flying a B-17 type aircraft but was flying a different type at the time of the accident. He and a passenger, Second Lieutenant Mary E. Chubb of the 181st Medical Dispensary Aviation, died.
- Rank: First Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 22 May 1919
- Date of death: 14 June 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 8th Air Force, Signal Section, Headquarters Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Distinguished Flying Cross, Air Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harry R. Wayland
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.