Harry Maynard Lupher Jr.
Born 4 June 1924
Killed in Action 4 April 1945
445th Bomber Group, 702nd Bomber Squadron, 8th Air Force
Aircraft B-24J with serial number 42-50664 departed from Tebenham on a bombing mission to Perleberg, Germany. This ship was attacked by fighters. The plane was on fire and had lost its elevator. No chutes were observed. One crew states the ship exploded. The plane crashed West of Perleberg, 96 miles NW of Frankfurt, Germany.
Pilot, 1st Lt Donald K. MacDonald
Co-Pilot, 2nd Lt Richard Hewitt
Navigator, 2nd Lt Harry M. Lupher Jr.
Top Tunner Gunner, T/Sgt Edward Santerian
Radio Operator, T/Sgt William G. Pitts
Waist Gunner, Sgt Lloyd T. Walters
Waist Gunner, S/Sgt Francis A. McCollum
Nose Turret Gunner,Sgt Josephus S. Edwards Jr.
Tail Gunner, Sgt Dwight L. Martin
2nd Lt Lupher is buried at Chattanooga Memorial Park, Chattanooga, Hamilton County in Tennessee.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 4 June 1924
- Date of death: 4 April 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 445th Bomber Group, 702nd Bomber Squadron
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga Memorial Park, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harry M. Lupher Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.