Harry Edgar Smith was born 7 May 1895 in Tyner, Tennessee to Judson R. Smith and Alice M. Goodman. He entered the service in August 1917 at Chattanooga. He sailed to Europe on May 11, 1918. He was killed in action at Ponchaux, France and initially buried there. He is buried plot D, row 25, grave 12, Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France.
117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division AEF
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 7 May 1895
- Date of death: 6 October 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Tyner
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company K, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Ponchaux, Bellicourt, Geneva
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harry E. Smith
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.