Born 19 August 1922
Died 6 August 1944
Private First Class
41st Armored Infantry Regiment, 2nd Armored Division
PFC Harris was returned from Le Chêne Guérin U.S. Military Cemetery, Percy, France.
The Chattanooga Times, Novemberr 4, 1948
Funeral services for Pfc. Harold L. Harris will be held tomorrow morning at the National Funeral Home, with interment following in National Cemetery. Pfc. Harris was killed in action while serving with the Second Armored Division in France, Aug. 6, 1944. He enlisted in the army Sept. 5, 1940, and served with his division in the Tunisian and Sicilian campaigns prior to the invasion of Europe. Pfc. Harris is survived by his mother, Mrs. Bertha Ross; stepfather, L.L. Ross; two brothers, Roy Harris, who is serving with the occupational forces in Germany, and Eddie Harris, and three sisters, Ethel, Ruby and Betty Jean Harris, all of Ringgold, Ga., Route 4.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 19 August 1922
- Date of death: 6 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 41st Armored Infantry Regiment, 2nd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harold L. Harris
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.