Aircraft B-24H with serial number 41-29004 departed from Seething on a bombing mission to Creil, France.
Pilot, 1st Lt Harold C. Turpin
Co-Pilot, 2nd Lt Charles W. Wilson
Navigator, 2nd Lt Robert J. Nystrom
Bombardier, 2nd Lt Theodore J. Conway Jr.
Top Turret Gunner, S/Sgt Walter D. Bookamer
Left Waist Gunner, Sgt Joseph Skledar Jr.
Right Waist Gunner, Sgt James S. Smidy
Radio Operator, S/Sgt Keith D. Wann
Tail Turret Gunner, Sgt Leo A. VanVorst Jr.
Ball Turret Gunner Sgt Thomas A. Loughlin Jr.
He is memorialized at Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England. He was officially decleared dead on 28 June 1945.
- Rank: First Lieutenant
- Date of death: 27 June 1944
- County: Claiborne
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 714th Bomber Squadron, 448th Bomber Group, Heavy
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Air Medal, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harold C. Turpin
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.