Harle Herman Green was the son of Thomas Jefferson Green and Elsie R. Watson of Polk County, Tennessee. His siblings include Mickie H. Green, Burton Green, Frances E. Green, Dorothy Green, Frank F. Green, Hayden B. Green, and Lillie M. Green. Seaman First Class Harle Green was stationed aboard the USS Mississippi which was sent to the Gilbert Islands to support the war effort. On November 20, 1943, while bombarding Makin Atoll, a gun turret exploded killing 43 men including Seaman First Class Green. He was buried at sea and his name is memorialized at the Tablets of the Missing, Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii and Cookson Creek Cemetery, Polk County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Seaman First Class
- Date of birth: 6 November 1920
- Date of death: 20 November 1943
- County: Polk
- Hometown: Cleveland
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Mississippi (BB-41)
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harle H. Green
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.