Hal Haynes Baxter was the son of Arthur Ray Baxter and Hattie Manara Hartsell.
Staff Sergeant Hal H. Baxter, US Army Air Force, served with the 69th Bomber Squadron, 42nd Bomb Group Med, operating from air fields on Guadalcanal in the Pacific Theater. He died non battle 16 September 1943 and is listed on the Tablets of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial, Hawaii.
The Newport Times, November 24, 1943
Sgt. Hall Baxter, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Baxter was killed in action somewhere in the South Pacific on September 16, according a message from the War Department. Sgt. Baxter’s parents now live in upper Sevier count in White Oak Flats.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 9 February 1920
- Date of death: 16 September 1943
- County: Cocke
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 69th Bomber Squadron, 42nd Bomber Group, Medium
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Guadalcanal
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Hal H. Baxter
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.