Lance Corporal Gregory John Weber was killed near Quang Nan, South Vietnam. He died of fragment wounds to the head and body while on patrol with Company G, 2nd Battalion, Fifth Marine Division. He enlisted in the Marine Corps in June, 1967 and received his basic training at Parris Island, SC. He left for Vietnam in November, 1967 and was scheduled to return to the State in November, 1968.
A native of Hamilton, Ohio, he was born on April 2, 1949. He received his education in Hamilton and Oak Ridge, Tennessee schools.
Photo courtesy: https://www.vvmf.org/Wall-of-Faces/54961/GREGORY-J-WEBER/
- Rank: Lance Corporal
- Date of birth: 2 April 1949
- Date of death: 7 October 1968
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Oak Ridge
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 1st Marine Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Saint Josephs Cemetery, Marathon County, Wisconsin
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Gregory J. Weber
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.