Private First Class Grady D. Reese was born on 23 March 1926
Died 26 January 1951
Buried at Plainville Cemetery, Plainville, GA
He was a Light Weapons Infantryman with the 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in South Korea on January 26, 1951.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, September 30, 1951
The body of Pfc. Grady D. Reese, who was killed in action Jan. 26 in Korea, is en route from the Far East to his home in Calhoun, Ga., and wil arrived Tuesday, his family has been informed. Funeral services will be held at the Blackwood Baptist Church. Reese was the son of Mr. and Mrs. R.A. Reese and the brother of Jack Reese. His wife is Mrs. Lillian Reese and his grandparents are Mr. and Mrs. D.B. Young of Calhoun, Ga.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 23 March 1926
- Date of death: 26 January 1951
- County: Anderson
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Franklin Cemetery, Plainville, Gordon County, Georgia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Grady D. Reese
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.