Glenn Verlin Roach
Born 8 November 1932
He is buried at New Corinth Cemetery, Rutledge, TN
Private Roach was a member of the Second Platoon, Company A, 1st Battalion, 27th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action by sniper fire while defending his position at “Sandbag Castle”, North Korea.
Glenn Roach was the son of Emma Ruth C. Roach.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 8 November 1932
- Date of death: 29 August 1952
- County: Grainger
- Hometown: Rutledge
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 27th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Corinth Cemetery, Rutledge, Grainger County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Glenn V. Roach
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.