Enlisted on December 8, 1942 in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He was captured on 20 February 1944 at Italy and died of wounds as a prisoner of war at Stalag 2B Hammerstein (99 work camps in vicinity of Koslin & Stolp) West Prussia 53-17. He was initially buried at the American Cemetery Margraten in The Netherlands.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 25 October 1917
- Date of death: 13 April 1945
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Gerome Cline
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.