George Washington Rhea was born 22 February 1895 to William and Mary E. Rhea. He entered the service on 24 May 1918 at Greenville and trained at Camp Pike in Arkansas. He sailed to Europe on 24 August 1918. Pvt Rhea was killed in action in France 4 November 1918.
He is buried at Hermon United Methodist Church Cemetery, Horse Creek, Greene County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 22 February 1895
- Date of death: 4 November 1918
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Afton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Headquarters Company, 83rd Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hermon United Methodist Church Cemetery, Horse Creek, Greene County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George W. Rhea
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.