George Purdy was born August 10, 1917 in Loudon County, Tennessee. His parents were Noah and Estelle Purdy. He enlisted March 11, 1944 and served as a private in Co. B, 109th Infantry Regiment, 28th Infantry Division. He died non battle on May 10, 1945 and is buried in Steekee Cemetery, Loudon, Tennessee.
Pvt Purdy was captured in Germany on 11 January 1945 and died as Prisoner of War at Stalag 4B Muhlberg Sachsen 51-13.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 10 August 1917
- Date of death: 10 May 1945
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Loudon
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 109th Infantry Regiment, 28th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Steekee Cemetery, Loudon, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George W. Purdy
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.