Corporal George W. Carmack was born in Virginia. He was assigned to the 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division. At the time of his death the 30th was involved in the Normandy Campaign advancing on St Lo.
Corporal Carmack died of wounds on 12 July 1944 and is interred at H,9,31, Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of death: 12 July 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George W. Carmack
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.