Killed March 3, 1945 in Luxembourg. Was coming home the next day. He was a tank commander. He volunteered to take a portal out and was killed by machine gun fire through the chest by a sniper.
-Submitted by D.E. McCuiston
Buried at Luxembourg American Cemetery, Luxembourg, H, 7, 57
- Rank: Technician Fifth Class
- Date of death: 3 March 1945
- County: Rhea
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 6th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Luxembourg American Cemetery, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George N. McCuiston
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.