Private First Class George Mannon was assigned to the 106th Infantry Regiment of the 27th Division. It was involved in the Battle for Okinawa at the time of his death on 22 March 1945. He is interred at Q,822, Honolulu Memorial, Hawaii.
PFC Mannon was initially buried at Okinawa Island Command Cemetery, Ryukyu Retto.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 22 March 1917
- Date of death: 22 May 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 106th Infantry Regiment, 27th Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Okinawa
- Awards: Purple Heart, Bronze Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George Mannon
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.