Sergeant George K. Wright was born in 1916. He enlisted in the military on January 19, 1944 in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He served in the European theater of war with the Company I, 378th Infantry Regiment, 95th Infantry Division. As the 378th Infantry Regiment was fighting its way to Altforweiler, Germany, he was killed in action on Friday, December 1, 1944. He was initially buried at Limey Cemetery at Toul, France and reburied in the Lorraine American Cemetery in St. Avold (Moselle), France (Plot J, Row 29, Grave 30).
Awarded the Silver Star and Purple Heart
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of death: 1 December 1944
- County: Blount
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 378th Infantry Regiment, 95th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Silver Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold (Moselle), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George K. Wright
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.