Lieutenant Colonel George Harvey Wyman was a member of Headquarters and Headquarters Squadron, 5th Air Force. On February 8, 1951, while flying in a C-45 Beech Navigator, as it tried to land at Taegu Airfield #2 (K-37), it ran out of fuel and crashed killing him and a passenger.
Buried at Glenwood Cemetery, Bristol, TN.
- Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
- Date of birth: 2 March 1919
- Date of death: 8 February 1951
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Air Force
- Division/Assignment: 5th Air Force
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Glenwood Cemetery, Bristol, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George H. Wyman
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.