Private First Class Williams was a member of the 17th Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea on April 16, 1951.
He is buried in New Gray Cemetery, Knoxville.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 11 November 1931
- Date of death: 16 April 1951
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 17th Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Gray Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George H. Williams
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.