George Hargrove Matthews
Private First Class Matthews was a veteran of World War II. In Korea, he was a member of Service Battery, 58th Field Artillery, 3rd Infantry Division. On April 22, 1951, he was in a jeep accident near Uijong-bu, North Korea and died.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 2 July 1915
- Date of death: 22 April 1951
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 58th Field Artillery, 3rd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Republic of Korea War Service Medal, and World War II Victory Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George H. Matthews
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.