George Butler Markland was born 6 August 1895. He was employed by Pittsburg Lumber Company in Hampton, TN, before enlisting in the Army. He served with Company H, 2nd Infantry Replacement Regiment. He died of mastoiditis one day before his 24th birthday and was buried 10 August 1918 in the Markland Cemetery, Roan Mountain, Carter County, TN.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 6 August 1895
- Date of death: 5 August 1918
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Shell Creek
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 2nd Infantry Regiment
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Markland Cemetery, Roan Mountain, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor George B. Markland
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.